Collection of Visitor Information on this Site
All content, software, and technology included on this Site or used in the operation of this Site is the owned or licensed property of the Society or its content, software, and technology suppliers, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. In addition, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of the Society and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The Society grants you permission to view and use content, software, and technology made available to you on the Site in connection with your own personal, noncommercial use of the Site. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content, software, and technology on this Site is strictly prohibited without written permission from the Society.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy
The Society respects the intellectual property rights of others. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached using the information below.
Attn: Executive Director
The C. Walton and Richard C. Lillehei Surgical Society
1660 South Highway 100, Suite 500
St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55416
By phone: (952) 641-1575
By fax: N/A
By email: Kira.Lillehei@gmail.com
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent with a notice containing the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website, with enough detail that we may find it on the website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and “look and feel” (the "Trademarks") used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Society and others. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this Site without the prior written permission of the Trademark owner. Other product and company names mentioned in this Site may be the Trademarks of their respective owners.
Other Intellectual Property
All other intellectual property rights related to the content, software, and technology included on this Site or used in the operation of this Site, including without limitation, patents, trade secrets, trade dress, publicity rights, character rights, titles, and artistic and moral rights are the owned or licensed property of the Society. Any use of these rights without the prior written permission of the Society is strictly prohibited.
Information on this Site may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. The Society reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without notice to you.
You authorize the Society and any payment processing service provider it may engage to charge your credit card, or to debit or process payment through any other offered means, for any donations or other purchase made on the Site. You represent and warrant that you are the only one who will make payments in connection with this Site, and you shall be responsible for any and all uses of your credit card, debit card, or any other payment means used in or under your name. Unless otherwise specified, any amounts paid to the Society are nonrefundable.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, THAT SUCH USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SOCIETY, ITS AFFILIATES, MEMBERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Under no circumstances whatsoever shall the Society’s aggregate liability resulting from or relating to your use of this Site exceed Five United States Dollars (USD $5.00).
Prohibited Activities and Visitor Obligations
As a visitor or user of this Site you shall not:
- violate any applicable law or regulation;
- upload, post, use, transmit, or otherwise make available, including by e-mail, (each, a “Post”) any content or information that is false or inaccurate;
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or content that could otherwise be considered to be objectionable;
- impersonate or use the identity of another person or organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or organization;
- engage in any activities or manipulate identifying material to misrepresent the origin of content;
- Post any content that is subject to any disclosure restrictions;
- Post any materials, items, information or content that infringes or otherwise violates any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property rights;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- use the Site to disseminate any information or content, including by e-mail, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or information or content that could otherwise be considered to be objectionable;
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other corrupt computer code, files or programs that impair the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or otherwise limit the use of this Site by other users; or collect, compile, or store personal information about other users of this Site;
- disrupt or interfere with the security of, operation of, or otherwise cause harm to, this Site or the systems resources; accounts; usernames and passwords; servers; or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or any affiliated or linked sites
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy the web pages on the Site or the content contained therein without the Society’s prior, express, and written permission; or
- use this Site for your own commercial purposes.
Part of the Site may include an online community forum where registered users may ask and answer questions on a variety of topics (the “Forum”). The Society disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Forum or content within the Forum.
You are responsible for your own use of the Forum, for any Posts you make, and for any consequences thereof. You acknowledge that any reliance on content on the Forum will be at your own risk. You will use the Forum in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation any laws regarding disclosure of an individual’s personal health information.
If you believe certain content of the Forum is objectionable, please immediately notify a moderator of the Forum. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed on the Forum, please refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) / Copyright Policy above for information on how to file a notice of infringement.
Third Party Providers of Functionality
Links to Other Web Sites
Continued Operation, Accessibility, and Maintenance of this Site
The Society may modify, change, suspend, terminate or discontinue the operation of part or all of this Site without notice to you and the Society reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, with or without cause.
If you are a registered user of this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. By using the Site, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about you; (b) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete; and (c) notify us of any security breach or unauthorized use of your account or password. The Society has the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your access to the Site and to refuse or restrict access or service, terminate accounts, and to remove or edit content on the Site.
You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
Any and all questions, comments, suggestions, User Content. and similar materials or information that you send or submit to the Society through this Site, by a Post or otherwise (collectively, "Submissions"), shall become the Society’s property; and you hereby transfer, sell, and assign to the Society all of your right, title, and interest in and to any such Submissions, including without limitation, any and all related patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. The Society has no obligation of any kind whatsoever to maintain any confidentiality with respect to any such Submissions. The Society shall be free to use them for any purpose whatsoever without providing you notice or receiving your consent, and without restriction or compensation.
Last updated: November 19, 2015